Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gifts


For Brooke's "2 and 1/2  friends birthday party" she opened gifts the next day.  She had a rough time opening gifts in front of everyone.  She wanted to just play with the first gift she opened and that was it!  So, my friends told me it was ok to not open the rest and wait until the next day.  This was very difficult for me, but I learned something new...when children are young and are overwhelmed  opening gifts is a different process.  It just felt weird to not be able to say thank you to her friend's right away.  Oh well, it's just a phase...hopefully in the next few years she will handle it better and we can get back to opening gifts in front of people.  All of my friends were very understanding, thank you sweet friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment